You should definatley be getting output from debug isdn Q921 .  This in
effect is the D=Channel connectivity to the ISDN switch, and should always
be up.  If you are not getting SPI's when you debug this, then there is
definatley a connectivity issue between your router and the ISDN switch?
You also didn't mention where you are ?  This could have an impact on the
requirement of specifying your SPID's ?