Who is the T1 provider?

Who is the DS3 provider?

Is it a full DS3 or frac?  What router do you have?  Could it be
configuration?

Could it be that you bought a DS3 from a provider with either a lousy
network?  Or maybe just bad peering/transit with the place you are
attempting to download from?

A DS3 is not a DS3!  Consider if your provider of the DS3 only has an OC3
network for you to use and has it oversubscribed 4:1?  Would that work well?

What do GRE tunnels have to do with anything?  Describe the network.

Give more details and a better explaination may come.

Tom