>   1. When I use the command "pdflatex","dvipdf"or"dvips+ps2pdf" to
>   generate the pdf file, I can get the pdf file, but in it, I can't
>   find the rare-used chinese characters,furthmore, even the chinese
>   glyphs that have appeared in the pdf file are the Type3 fonts.  I
>   find them are not scalable glyph--why dose this happen?

I have no idea.  Please send a *small* sample document to the list
which shows your problem (perhaps containing two characters only, one
which can be displayed and one which is missing), together with the
PDF output.

> 2. In the pdf files that are generated by dvipdfm(x), I find the
> Type1 fonts are used, so they are scalable.  In the former
> case--that is--generating the pdf files by dvipdf,the chinese
> charaters can't be copy and pasted; in the latter,the chinese
> charaters can be copy and pasted.

This is correct.  dvipdfm doesn't have support for these things.  You
should generally avoid dvipdf completely, using dvipdfmx only.

    Werner