On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Randal Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  On Mar 29, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Ben wrote:...
>  > Virus scanning is not even that important on this server, my users
>  > would never be sending viruses,

>  This is a dangerous assumption.
>  Conceivably, your users would never /intentionally/ send viruses...

No, I know my mailserver stats, which clearly support that assumption. ;-)
You don't know my users. I do. Very well. None of them use Outlook(Express)
or Internet Explorer, even. Many don't even use Windows, ever.
Also, they're not stupid or drugged. In general, my experience (as a sysadmin)
is that stupidity is at fault with virus outbreaks, not what software or OS
people use, just plain stupidity, ignorance, laziness causes them to do
what they do. The users of my mailserver are in a totally different category.

Ben