Ben wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:37 AM, taj home <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> please dont email me.
>
> I'm not emailing you.

I think he's suggesting that he'd prefer you not mail him because of
your idiot policy on outgoing virus scanning. I agree with him. I'm sure
I'm not the only one who would blacklist you right now because of your
policy if we knew your outgoing smtp IP.

But to answer your other question about a clamd watchdog. You can use
any tool available to you (ps, top...) to find the size of the clamd
executable. Once that is known you use what ever method is available to
you to restart clamd.

My script was written for Solaris and uses Solaris-specific methods but
does exactly what I've suggested. There's a couple interesting things in
clamd that almost help. You can send commands to the listening port when
running TCP/IP or to the Unix socket. One command is SHUTDOWN.
Unfortunately there's no RESTART. But at least with the SHUTDOWN option
you don't need to go looking for the PID.

My Solaris script uses the Sun email tool mconnect:

echo "SHUTDOWN" |mconnect -p 3310 >/dev/null 2>&1

A perl script would do as well.

dp