>>> It's not unthinkable, there actually are places where microsoft software
>>> is not used.
>>>
>> Doesn't matter - there's no reason to suspect that all viruses originate
>> from Windows. Could I have your outgoing smtp IP please?
>>

> Wow - as a long term IT professional I thought I'd heard it all but this
> takes the cake. In all the past waves of viruses we've seen, they have
> been analyzed in depth and found to be 100% windows. If you have some
> evidence to the contrary feel free to share.
>
> A non-windows email virus is the kind of "man bites dog" story that
> would cause quite the buzz...

Erm, I don't believe that is what he said.

He said, (in relation to not scanning outgoing mail), to think or
believe that "ALL" viruses "originate" from windows machines/users was
incorrect.
This assumption would mean that nobody would ever send a virus laden
message from any OS other than Windows.

He's right of course, the thought alone is dangerous for any
administrator to entertain.

JMO