I'm comfortable compiling from source as long as it doesn't get too complicated
with editing and dependecies.

I've been working my way up through the 32-bit versions.  I was able to get
0.99 to run.  I had to track down about a dozen dependencies but was finally
able to get it to install.  But when I run freshclam, I get the "Malformed
Database" error which I understand is because the newer definition files are no
readable by the older clients.

So I tried the .100 version.  I when through the full compile process, found
the dependencies, and was able to run freshclam successfully.  Then I was able
to run a full system clamscan.  I haven't tested the on-demand/on-access part
of the product but at least .100 is looking promising.

Now I'm on to the .101 version but when I "make" in the compile process, I"m
getting the two errors you mentioned "-Wno-logical-op-parenthesis" and
"-Wno-dangling-else".  I'm in the process of researching them now.  But I went
ahead and ran the "make install", it seems to have installed but when I run
freshclam, I'm back to the "malformed database" issue but I don't know if that
is because of the errors in the "make" command.  So back to testing.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.