On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 04:15:43 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option 
>> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting 
>> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the 
>> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal 
>> class.
>> 
>> I have prepared a simple [development 
>> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that 
>> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used 
>> internally.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Use shorthand equality check for collation

src/java.desktop/unix/classes/sun/print/UnixPrintJob.java line 404:

> 402:              }
> 403: 
> 404:         }

Shouldn't we do the same in PSPrinterJob and we will need a manual test, maybe 
similar to what we have for Banner options 
test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/BannerTest.java
or maybe
test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/Collate2DPrintingTest.java will do, in which 
case this JBS id needs to be added to that test!!

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#discussion_r4120602551

Reply via email to