On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 06:07:55 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <[email protected]> 
wrote:

>> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>> 
>>   Added JBS ID to Manual Collation Test
>
> test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/Collate2DPrintingTest.java line 50:
> 
>> 48: /*
>> 49:  * @test
>> 50:  * @bug 6362683 8012381 8345685
> 
> Did you try running the test and it worked for you?
> The test should print 2 copies in collated mode so it should print `Page 0, 
> Page 1, Page 0, Page 1` but I am seeing only `Page 0, Page 1` with and 
> without fix in ubuntu.
> 
> It seems the fixed codepath is not exercised by this test

No I didn't try running the test, however I have now noticed something 
interesting coming back to it. The `Collate2DPrintingTest.java` overrides the 
`print` method which then bypasses _any_ internal printing drivers.

Is the goal to have collation be implemented manually or via the driver for 
`UnixPrintJob` (eg: via the `lpr` command) that is actually used?

I think what might be missing are the `isCollated` and `getCollatedCopies` 
overrides for `UnixPrintJob` (currently only `WPrinterJob` enables these). I 
will go ahead and also enable them, then will run the test properly.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#discussion_r4152508088

Reply via email to