On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 06:35:27 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/Collate2DPrintingTest.java line 50:
>> 
>>> 48: /*
>>> 49:  * @test
>>> 50:  * @bug 6362683 8012381 8345685
>> 
>> Did you try running the test and it worked for you?
>> The test should print 2 copies in collated mode so it should print `Page 0, 
>> Page 1, Page 0, Page 1` but I am seeing only `Page 0, Page 1` with and 
>> without fix in ubuntu.
>> 
>> It seems the fixed codepath is not exercised by this test
>
> No I didn't try running the test, however I have now noticed something 
> interesting coming back to it. The `Collate2DPrintingTest.java` overrides the 
> `print` method which then bypasses _any_ internal printing drivers.
> 
> Is the goal to have collation be implemented manually or via the driver for 
> `UnixPrintJob` (eg: via the `lpr` command) that is actually used?
> 
> I think what might be missing are the `isCollated` and `getCollatedCopies` 
> overrides for `UnixPrintJob` (currently only `WPrinterJob` enables these). I 
> will go ahead and also enable them, then will run the test properly.

Okay I think I see what is happening, we need to also patch `PSPrinterJob.java` 
as well. I will do some testing tomorrow, and will let you know once I'm done

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#discussion_r4152967992

Reply via email to