On Tue, 29 Sep 2026 02:03:20 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option 
>> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting 
>> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the 
>> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal 
>> class.
>> 
>> I have prepared a simple [development 
>> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that 
>> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used 
>> internally.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Added JBS ID to Manual Collation Test

test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/Collate2DPrintingTest.java line 50:

> 48: /*
> 49:  * @test
> 50:  * @bug 6362683 8012381 8345685

Did you try running the test and it worked for you?
The test should print 2 copies in collated mode so it should print `Page 0, 
Page 1, Page 0, Page 1` but I am seeing only `Page 0, Page 1` with and without 
fix in ubuntu.

It seems the fixed codepath is not exercised by this test

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#discussion_r4152350887

Reply via email to