On Feb 16, 12:06 pm, Jeffrey Straszheim <straszheimjeff...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You're right, of course, but in life compromises must happen.  If Rich
> proceeds *with no regard* for Pragmatic's needs, they have a recourse which
> is simply no Clojure book.  Or a Clojure book that has broken examples.

Agreed. I'm afraid my original came out sounding more militant than
what I intended. It was really a reaction to some posts which
correctly suggested that Clojure would suffer by being touted by an
out-of-synch Programming Clojure but also failed to suggest compromise
on Pragmatic's side of the equation. The tone seemed to be permissive
of Pragmatic proceeding *with no regard* for Clojure's current and
soon-to-be reality.

I don't believe that folks who have already forked over money for the
book would be out of line in suggesting to Pragmatic that they adjust
the publication schedule. Neither would inquiries from prospective
buyers as to Pragmatic's intentions regarding book vs actual
faithfulness. I didn't mean to suggest an all-out, mean-spirited
attack but can see how that inference could easily have been drawn.

Walt