Hi John,

On 27 Apr 2011, at 11:13, John V wrote:

> Hi, I would like to have syntax highlighting for Clojure code in
> Emacs.  I am using Emacs on Windows (23.2.1).
> <SNIP>
> I would like to use Emacs as a text editor, not as a combination IDE/
> ftp browser.  Is there a clojure mode written which is simple to
> download and use?

A couple of good starting points are

* emacs-starter-kit: https://github.com/technomancy/emacs-starter-kit
* live coding emacs config: https://github.com/overtone/live-coding-emacs

I used the starter kit when I got started with emacs and found it very useful.
As everyone should with emacs, I started modifying it to do the kinds of things
I wanted and ended up with the live coding emacs config which is set up just
the way I like it for Clojure coding with emacs.

You might find some inspiration looking at these.

Sam

---
http://sam.aaron.name