On Apr 27, 6:07 am, John V <johnv02...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I would include info about using -*- in
> the .clj file and how to modify the auto-mode-alist and enable or
> disable fontifying the buffer.

This is the kind of thing that package.el does for you, (along with
autoloading and byte-compiling) which is why doing it manually is not
explained.

It's more awkward right now because package.el is not included in
Emacs 23, but once Emacs 24 is released, you won't have to install
package.el yourself.

-Phil