On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Jan Rychter <jrych...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Take an example -- even in the relatively simple case of
>> clojure.contrib.combinatorics: note that it is NOT listed on
>> http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Clojure+Contrib, and if I follow
>> the github repos I'll end up in https://github.com/clojure/math.combinatorics
>> which tells me nothing about what I should add to project.clj (what is
>> the latest released version, for instance).
>
> That contrib has not been fully migrated yet. There is no build for it
> (on build.clojure.org) and therefore it is not getting any Maven
> releases yet.

FWIW, I've just worked with Mark Engelberg to Mavenize his three
contrib libraries (math.combinatorics, math.numeric-tower,
data.priority-map) and as soon as the Clojure/core folks get time to
do, there should be automated builds and the ability to release 0.0.1
versions to Maven Central.

If a contrib library you need has not been migrated to the new contrib
system, please contact the author and see if they're willing to
migrate and maintain the library. If they no longer care / support the
code, there's no point to it being in new contrib. The whole point of
new contrib is to ensure that Clojure's libraries are actually being
maintained and updated to work which each new version of Clojure.

But also look at what you're actually depending on and see whether
there's a better solution (an example: defnk in c.c.def has not been
migrated to clojure.core.incubator because Clojure supports keyword
arguments natively now thru map destructuring).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."