I'm new, so forgive me if this is a bad question. Are the snapshots
announced here? Or is it a continuous process? I cloned the repo from
github, and it built as 1.4.0 snapshot, if a maven/ivy/lein user
wanted that they should target the same thing correct? Then the next
questions are, how would you like problems reported? If the process is
continuous, or if all jar files are 1.4.0 snapshot (i.e. version
slippage) how would somebody encountering a problem identify the
specific build in the report?

I would also suggest a more prominent place for the "contributing"
link on the front page of http://clojure.org. Its way down there on
the bottom of the right hand column. That page (http://clojure.org/
contributing) might also benefit from a plea such as the one you just
gave, and more information about how to contribute in different ways.
For example, how to help with documentation/website, how to submit a
bug report/patches, etc...

Thanks.