It can still be difficult to find the right repo and documentation for
alpha and betas. Especially for the new contrib. It really doesn't have
anything to do with the Core team or the actual documentation (when it's
finally found). To me the problem is sifting through the countless highly
ranked old and/or bad information.

On Monday, October 31, 2011 1:25:30 PM UTC-7, Sean Corfield wrote:

>  :repositories [["sonatype-snapshots"
> "https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/";]]
>   :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.4.0-master-SNAPSHOT"] ...]

Everyone that I know who writes clojure professionally or on a daily basis
uses lein to start. The simplest way to expose far more people to alphas
and betas is to add the sonatype repo to the default-repos function in lein:

https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/1.x/src/leiningen/core.clj#L128

Is there a reason that lein shouldn't / doesn't support the new repos?

Rich and Core team, thanks for pointing out the importance of using alphas
and betas. Sometimes it's not clear what we can do to help with the
project. Posts like this that are actionable definitely provide guidance
and transparency as to how all of us can give back.

JMatt