> Is there a way to peg a particular snapshot?  If we find that
> something breaks, we'd want to roll back to a previous version until
> the problem is fixed.  It looks like the maven metadata only has the
> latest snapshot recorded (I may be wrong... I'm certainly not a Maven
> guru).
>
> -John

Yes; this is called "locking" snapshots in the Maven world, and there are
commands there that can lock any snapshot dependencies to the current snapshot.

If you are using Leiningen, there are no corollary commands, but you can use
the same concrete snapshot version numbers.  e.g. looking at Clojure 1.4.0
snapshots here:

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/clojure/clojure/1.4.0-master-SNAPSHOT/

You can use a version number like "1.4.0-master-20111025.230825-6" to fix
against that particular snapshot instead of continually updating to HEAD.

That said, if alphas are going to be emitted at a steady pace, then updating to
them as desired may suit your use case better (i.e. it's easier to know to
revert to -alpha8 [or whatever] than it is to revert to
1.4.0-master-20111025.230825-6).

The maven snapshot metadata is only maintained for the latest snapshot so
version numbers that include SNAPSHOT can resolve to a particular concrete
artifact. Explicitly using a concrete snapshot version (like
"1.4.0-master-20111025.230825-6") resolves directly to the artifact in
question, so the metadata isn't relevant.

- Chas