Greetings,

As our quest for a more comfortable boat continues, we are finding that one
issue continues to be a quandary: how do we sleep? Currently we fill in
INDIGO's u-dinette every night and disassemble it every day; it is effective
but annoying. Plus we have to climb over each other and the saloon table. We
are looking at center cockpit boats, including the Landfall 43s. Many have a
centerline berth, which seems optimal. We don't sail at night and don't plan to
(so we are not afraid of falling out underway). The transverse and pullman
style berths both have the "crawl-over" factor; do we want to keep climbing
over each other to get into/out of bed forever? Not really. Pullman seem a
little more sleeper-friendly.

Anyone want to share their experiences with various styles of aft cabin berths?
What do you like/dislike and why?

Other boat search factors: we need a functional galley with abundant counter
space. We don't race, so PHRF matters not at all. We want good/great sailing
with ease of sail handling.

This will (hopefully!) be our forever boat, so we want to be planful.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration.

Richard
s/v INDIGO
1978 36-footer
Watch Hill