From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com]On Behalf Of Richard Walter
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:02 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List How to sleep on a boat? (Was: Moving from a C&C??)

Greetings,

As our quest for a more comfortable boat continues, we are finding that one
issue continues to be a quandary: how do we sleep?
Currently we fill in INDIGO's u-dinette every night and disassemble it every
day; it is effective but annoying. Plus we have to
climb over each other and the saloon table. We are looking at center cockpit
boats, including the Landfall 43s. Many have a
centerline berth, which seems optimal. We don't sail at night and don't plan to
(so we are not afraid of falling out underway).
The transverse and pullman style berths both have the "crawl-over" factor; do
we want to keep climbing over each other to get
into/out of bed forever? Not really. Pullman seem a little more
sleeper-friendly.

Anyone want to share their experiences with various styles of aft cabin berths?
What do you like/dislike and why?

Other boat search factors: we need a functional galley with abundant counter
space. We don't race, so PHRF matters not at all. We
want good/great sailing with ease of sail handling.

This will (hopefully!) be our forever boat, so we want to be planful.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration.

Richard
s/v INDIGO
1978 36-footer
Watch Hill