Rich wrote:
<snip> do we want to keep climbing over each other to get into/out of bed forever?
...<snip>

Well, Rich, that depends. Sometimes it's a great view to wake up to at 2 a.m....

Actually, you're looking at boats that are out of my budget range. But, yeah, a center cockpit boat with an aft center cabin sounds like what you're looking for. My only 2 cents on that is that you should still make sure the boat is rigged (or re-riggable) to sail short handed with a stiff back. I've known a few folks who bought the perfect boat and discovered that they couldn't actually leave the dock without lining up guest crew.

At the risk of sounding like a heretic, have you looked at trawlers? As a few elderly sailors have told me: "There's a trawler in every old sailor's future." Many of them have the fuel economy of a sailboat.

Wal