I hope the folks who commented on my earlier rant, particularly Will Harris,
are not feeling that I don't like the current designs. I just like the older
ones better - we have a few local Hinckley Bermuda 40's around here and I think
they are beautiful. Would I like to have one - NO - all that lovely brightwork
to maintain, less room inside than a current 35 footer, etc. Plus 25000 pounds
and a 40 footer that rates the same as my 30-1.

I feel that a boat that draws 7 or 8 feet only fits in a few areas of the
Chesapeake, such as Annapolis. But on the Eastern Shore you would be confined
to the channels which are not very wide - thus you better have a good motor.

Don't get me wrong - I like fast boats - have been racing on J-80's for three
years and they are a blast! Would I do anything but race them from a pier - NO.
So, a 30 foot version with over 7 feet of draft would be a bigger blast, but
most of the folks I know are not in a financial position to have a quarter
million toy.

We do have a 115 in the fleet, and it looks good and performs well - sometimes
we beat it boat for boat (on the J-80) and sometimes we have to wait until the
handicaps are calculated - they give us about half a minute per mile - and once
it a while they get us.

And for the other commenter, in 1980 I was towing my Porsche RSR look-alike
IMSA/TransAM 911 around either behind a 1970 Chrysler 440 Wagon (as big as my
boat!) or a Dodge Van. The street 911 was at home..... nowadays similar folks
are using monster pickups with fifth wheel rigs or renting semis.... everything
changes.

Thats it.

Gary Nylander