From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Hoyt, Mike
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 1:09 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Current C&C History; now a Dose of reality !!!!

... and launching fees as well.  Retracting keel is a big deal for smaller
sport boats esp because it removes reliance on venues with a crane as it allows
for ramp launching.

When I wish to travel to a race week with my boat when the race week is some
distance away I can trailer it at 3800 lbs.  However it costs me approx $300 to
take my boat out of the water at my home port and then an additional $300 when
I return after the race week.  That is $600 before the boat moves a single mile
and before all other fees.

Boats like J/70 etc can be ramp launched and are very portable.  There are
other larger sport boats that are also standard with retractng keels