From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of PME via
CnC-List
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 12:52 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Re-Bedding / Filling & Drilling w_Epoxy

Kevin,

The epoxy cartridges are nice and easy to use, but to do the job right one
should wet out the hole with un-thickened epoxy before filling with
thickened epoxy.  Also, don't just fill an existing bolt hole.  Over dill
the hole and ream back any coring.

That said, I prefer to mix the epoxy myself.  First un-thickened for wetting
out, then adding some colloidal silica to thicken for the filling via a
syringe.   For epoxy, I use either West System 105/205 or East System
1032/833.  They are near identical except East costs 1/3 less.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C Landfall 38
S/V Johanna Rose