I just did this for my new stainless steel handrails.  I didn't have real
good luck with a bent nail so I tried various sizes of allen wrench.  I
found that a 3/16th or 1/8th inch drill bit through 3/8th holes at various
angles worked best.  I shop-vaced the chips out.  After that you'll have
better luck finishing up the hole with anballen wrench.

If these are new holes, you might try to avoid drilling through the bottom
skin.  Otherwise you'll have to tape or plug the bottom hole when you go to
fill with epoxy.  I wet out the hole with clear penitrating epoxy and then
fill in stages with thickend epoxy.  If you drill through the bottom layer
you can use masking tape to plug it, then a drop or two of 10 minute epoxy
in the void to seal it.  That way none of the CPE or thickened epoxy leaks
out.

I was filling the holes in 40-50°F weather so I used the fast hardening
agent.  In a large flat area this would have been fine but since some of my
voids were close to 3 or 4 Tbsp (or 45-60ml) this caused a thermal run away
in some of the holes.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+