those fasteners are difficult...i have them and I used epoxy on the deck
holes...also use a small screw driver to get them apart and a tap hammer to
set them together...not too bad if you do it that way when installing and
removing your dodger...also used Sikaflew to bed the fasteners to make them
water tight...no leaks yet

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, *Alianna*
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS