To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:33:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 26 Sail Plan Thoughts!
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: dziedzi...@hotmail.com

Actually, there is a school of thought that a 110% would work better in very
light air (then a 155% or even a 135%). This is attributed to the fact that in
order to generate lift, the airflow over the sail has to be laminar and if the
sail is too long, the wind may not have enough energy to stay attached to the
sail for such a long distance. There was recently a long discussion on that
topic at Sailboat Owners (Don Gillette’s forum). Even some prizes were awarded.