First, the vent on Touche' overflows before the fill so not quite the same
configuration as others.  I place an absorbent pad under the vent just in
case.

Touche's fuel gauge is fairly accurate but does peg out at "F" a bit before
the tank is topped off.  I do two things to avoid overflow.

Method 1 - I have meticulously logged every fuel addition with the
corresponding engine hours since the repower in 2003.  From that data, I've
calculated the fuel usage is always between 0.6 and 0.7 gph depending on
how hard we run the boat.  Using the low 0.6 gph number and the hours since
the last fuel addition, I can usually calculate how much fuel I've used and
thus how much I can add.  That is, 10 hours x 0.6 gph = 6 gallons.  So at
around 5 gallons, I slow the fuel addition rate and switch to method 2
below.

Method 2 - I use the tried and true method of placing my ear near the fill
and listening.  You can usually detect the change in sound when the fuel
begins to rise up the fill hose.

Your boat(s) maybe be different.

PS:  The large fuel dispensing hoses you encounter at fuel docks where they
fuel a lot of large boats complicate fueling our smaller tanked boats.  :(

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA