Michael,

I can see what you were going for and I think it would partially work.
Ideally a larger drop-out tank could be attached to the drain fitting and a
fluid sensor added.   In my case it seems simpler to just re-plumb the vent
inside the adjacent propane locker or up a lifeline stanchion.  I don't
think it would out perform a centerline vent loop either.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD