I think I'm losing it.Just put the boom back on.  The saddle on the mast holds
a shaft (1/4 in) with an effective opening of about 3in.  My fitting on the
boom that slides on that shaft is 2.5in.  To compensate, there is a 1/2 in tube
that rides on the shaft.I can't remember; does the tube sit on top of the boom
piece or does the tube ride on the piece?  Does it matter?RonWild CheriC&C
30-1STL

greatly appreciated!