I agree completely with the benefit of Genusun controllers.  I have 3 GV-10's.
Also, Fred is absolutely correct about the very high voltage produces by solar
panels.

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days (1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230)
Blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com
Email: dainyr...@icloud.com
Annapolis, MD (presently in Baltimore)

> On May 24, 2016, at 11:01 AM, Bill Bina - gmail via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Strongly recommend a Genasun controller. They make a 5 amp model that will
> fill the bill. Genasun uses all ceramic capacitors which are more reliable,
> especially in harsh environments. The Genasun is a true MPPT controller and
> allows charging to continue taking place even in partial shade, where other
> controllers cut off. You'll get more charging out of the panel that with
> either a lesser controller or no controller. Worth every penny. I did a LOT
> of research. :-)
>
> http://genasun.com/all-products/solar-charge-controllers/for-lead/gv-5-pb-5a-solar-charge-controller/
>
> Bill Bina
>> On 5/24/2016 10:48 AM, David via CnC-List wrote:
>> Just to verify, it seems at 50 watts and a 400 amp battery capacity, I will
>> not need a controller.  Or is t prudent to have one anyway...
>>
>> David F. Risch
>> 1981 40-2
>> (401) 419-4650 (cell)

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!