Hi Edd- The one I have is not thin enough to open the hatch (probably a bit
more than an inch thick).  That would be nice, and I am going to think about
something thin or lighter if/when I have to replace the panel.  But it is not a
big deal, taking it below when I come to the boat and putting it back when I
leave and it only cost about $100. Dave

On Mar 3, 2016, at 1:14 PM, Edd Schillay via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> David,
>
> Is your 50W thin enough to leave on the companionway hatch when sailing? In
> other words, can it slide with the hatch forward? If so, what panel did you
> use?
>

> All the best,
>
> Edd
>

> Edd M. Schillay
> Starship Enterprise
> C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
> City Island, NY
> Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log
>

>> On Mar 3, 2016, at 1:05 PM, David Knecht via CnC-List
>> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>>
>> I got a Blue Sea socket and plug and wired the plug to the panel and mounted
>> the socket near my engine panel and ran that to a Sunsaver Duo controller in
>> the lazarette and from there up to the battery compartment.  I just plug in
>> the panel before I leave the boat and unplug when I come back and store the
>> panel below deck while sailing.  It sits on the companionway hatch cover
>> while I am gone. I got a 50W panel sized to fit on the hatch and it is heavy
>> enough with the aluminum frame that it does not blow away.  Dave
>> http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1%7C328%7C2289944%7C2289945&id=1187549
>>
>> http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1%7C328%7C2289944%7C2289945&id=1187536
>>
>> Aries
>> 1990 C&C 34+
>> New London, CT
>>
>> <pastedGraphic.tiff>
>>

>>> Email address:
>>> CnC-List@cnc-list.com
>>> To change your list preferences, including unsubscribing -- go to the
>>> bottom of page at:

Dr. David Knecht
Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
Core Microscopy Facility Director