How many hours on your engine? How are you filters? Does it have glow
plugs, a bad glow plug will cause hard starting. Dirty injectors will also
cause this, but I think there would be more issues, like poor idle. With the
smooth running agter start I don't think it is fuel related.
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 #4just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: Michael Jones via CnC-ListDate: Wed, Oct 5,
2016 18:19To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com;Cc: Michael Jones;Tristan
Jones;Subject:Stus-List yanmar diesel
Hello experts,
I wonder if you can help me with any suggestions. I have a C&C34 with a 3GM30
F. This motor runs well and smoothly, water circulates, no smoke. Recently it
has been taking more and more revolutions to get it started. When it is turning
over there does not appear to be anything going on, but when it starts its
immediately smooth and normal (no coughing and spluttering).
This leads me to think that there must be a leak in the fuel system which is
allowing the fuel to drain back out of the injectors. The fact that it seems to
start with all 3 cylinders suggests that the leak is before the injector pump.
I cannot see any fuel leaking out at the supply pump or filter, so I'm
wondering if anyone can suggest where I should start looking? Or what might
cause this and not show fuel leaking or spraying out? I'd like to introduce
some method into my troubleshooting!
Thanks and regards
Mike Jonesc&C34 SeanachaiOak Bay, Victoria.