Thanks Dave. I hope Martin responds, he will be a great contact indeed.

Our toe rail is symmetric, T-shaped, with screws on both sides of the
vertical part. Here are some photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/483a7kvckwx0ys5/AACbT_1GZsShvn8Xr7fWiHtRa?dl=0

We haven't found an exact match yet, so that's another task at hand. Some
of the photos include a ruler for scale (both cm and in),

Also, I have been reading online about the C&C designs in the 1970s. I
can't find much about the limited edition 43', but here is what I am
finding about the hull to deck joint on other C&C designs from the 1970s:

- the deck and hull are attached via an internal flange, which is bolted --
is that typical?
- the joint is also chemically bonded -- how does that work? is it common
on C&C?
- the toe rail is attached with screws (or bolts?) and provides additional
stiffness to the joint

Does this sound right? Is it typical for C&C construction at the time, or
could our hull/deck joint be very different?

What might happen when we remove the toe rail?

Thanks,

Violeta