Violeta,

All the drawings for the C&C 43 reside in the C&C collection in the archives if
the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston (Ontario). If you contact the
museum curator through the website you can order a copy  of the construction
plan which most likely show the toe rail and hull to deck joint. If you know
which 43 you own (original name of boat or her first owner) you most can likely
get copies of the drawings relating specifically to your 43.

However, merely removing and replacing the toe rail will not jeopardize the
structural integrity of the hull to deck joint over that period.

A replacement rail may be available from Rob McLaughlin at South Shore Yachts
in St. Catherines, ON.

Rob Mazza

Sent from Samsung Mobile

CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> </div><div>Date:11-12-2016  2:19 PM
<vmivan...@gmail.com> </div><div>Subject: Stus-List 1973 custom C&C 43' -
hull/deck joint (toe rail replacement?) </div><div>

Might someone here help with questions about the custom C&C 43' from 1973? This
was a limited edition and I think only fourteen boats were ever built. We would
like to replace the toe rail on our boat, but are unsure how that might affect
the hull/deck joint.

Some specific questions:

1 - What is the structure of the hull/deck joint on the 1973 C&C 43'?
2 - How is the toe rail integrated with the hull/deck joint?
3 - What happens if we remove the toe rail (or part of it)?

Good advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Violeta