I'm happy with my Helly Hansen gear.  I sail all year round, and in the
ocean.  The jacket is fleece lined and you can buy a separate fleece
sweater that zips in for additional warmth.  You can also use the fleece
sweater by itself.  I've had this outfit for more than ten years.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk iii Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Adam Hayden via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Happy new year everyone!    I would be interested in people's opinion on
> foul weather gear.  I am looking to replace upgrade my Gil coastal cruising
> coat.   It seems that it is no longer water repellant and reapplying the
> waterproofing doesn't work. I like a number of the features on the coat but
> I feel it should last more than 3 full seasons.    Up here in Nova Scotia
> we have pretty cool and damp weather so for a lot of the season I wear my
> gear.   I won't be doing any ocean crossings but we sail well into October
> as well.
> I don't have a Bimini and am usually the one at the helm during inclement
> weather
>

> Adam Hayden
> C&C 36
>

> Sent from my iPhone

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.
> paypal.me_stumurray&d=DwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN
> 0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=9w3G7Cf8YfQnrjmtuNxwDJYr3JMv9f1pAfgAJ9xXYQQ&m=
> 4sbunYZSLy5KPgaiCHSgmcfRtI1dbcE0gEKFdiYkM6U&s=
> ftIIDPqj1LvqJWCTl1P87tKZAvhuRecniOk4kmRyOGo&e=

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR