I don't leave it on the boat all season, mostly the Spring and Fall. If I were to ever leave Halifax harbor (on my boat or someone else's) any season, the Henri Lloyd comes with me. I don't have it on the boat during the Summer as a matter of habit as it is too heavy and maybe why it has lasted so long because it has not experienced a lot of UV damage and heat. I keep it in my garage during the Summer and Winter.

Bottom line, Gill, Musto, Heli Hansen, Henri Lloyd offshore gear are all good ......for me, the one with the best price would be my choice. The Binnacle in Halifax recently had a sale on its Henri Lloyd gear......maybe contact them and see what they have left and if they still have it on sale and/or would they extend their sale price(s). They also put this stuff on sale during the boat show which is up coming.

There is a sailor here, and a very experienced one at that, that layers clothing and wears a set of 'oil skins' and a 'souwester' in foul weather. And I would venture a guess the 'oil skins' didn't cost anything near the other brands. I don't see many (maybe any) fishermen wearing Gill, Musto, Heli Hansen, Henri Lloyd gear.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

PS I got my steaming light and foredeck replaced and working.

On 2016-12-31 2:05 PM, Adam Hayden via CnC-List wrote:
Happy new year everyone!    I would be interested in people's opinion on foul
weather gear.  I am looking to replace upgrade my Gil coastal cruising coat.
It seems that it is no longer water repellant and reapplying the waterproofing
doesn't work. I like a number of the features on the coat but I feel it should
last more than 3 full seasons.    Up here in Nova Scotia we have pretty cool
and damp weather so for a lot of the season I wear my gear.   I won't be doing
any ocean crossings but we sail well into October as well.
I don't have a Bimini and am usually the one at the helm during inclement
weather

Adam Hayden
C&C 36

Sent from my iPhone