Happy 2017 to all!

Turns out my paranoia was not all in vain.  Shore power was off for 3 days
with temps into the 19F range. The marina suffered a 1 in 20 year "Arctic
outflow" storm with a direct hit of winds > 50kn. Word on the dock is that
a BC Ferries captain clocked 80kn winds nearby.  My boat was in one of the
most vulnerable spots.  She fared better than many in more sheltered slips
(who suffered torn sails, snapped dock lines, shore power in the water,
broken fenders, etc.).  The dock finger my boat was tied to broke loose but
my boat sustained no damage as far as I can tell (aside from some popped
fenders and a bit of hull paint). Can't say the same about the downwind
boat...

Knock on teak.

Cheers,
  Jeremy