From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Rick Brass via
CnC-List
Sent: May 2, 2018 12:44 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Rick Brass <rickbr...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 33 MK II Bilge pumps

I can see some almost neurotic logic to having two large manual pumps –
redundancy if one fails or just having a lot of capacity in case you really
need to dewater in an emergency. (I actually have a Whale Gusher in the garage
that I plan to take aboard as a portable emergency pump when I go cruising.)

But having two pumps on the same hose makes no sense. What if one pump fails?
That could make redundant pumps absolutely useless.

I suspect the suggestion that there were originally two separate pumps with two
hoses and two through hulls is the correct answer ….. and the best practice.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC