Since you have a deck stepped mast on the coach roof, detecting rot or moisture
can be done with a moisture meter.  You would likely  note the area around the
mast base casting to be somewhat spongy if there was water ingress.
Our mast step on my 25 mk1 was supported by the midship bulkhead below decks
and stayed rather dry for the 14 years we owned the boat.  However we never
added any deck hardware near the mast and only used the mast mounted cleats and
winches for halyards and control lines.  Poorly bedded deck hardware can cause
water intrusion issues.
Chuck Gilchrest
Ex-25 mk1 1975
Half Magic