My 24 yr old Alum tank came with the boat. On delivery from NC to CRW in April
2018, tank developed several leaks at bottom forward edge where it sat in some
brackish water, probably for years. Crew made temp repairs after tank removal
with a black epoxy made for such repairs. All fine but I considered I needed a
new tank.
I Found a local welding shop whose specialty was custom alum cooking grills
(Grillmaster). They said they would build an exact copy, using existing
fittings, out of 1/8” alum for ~$400-450. Only requirement was that I provide
the old tank to them to duplicate both the shape and the fitting placement and
orientation.
About 6 weeks later, it was ready and except for being slightly heavier (orig
tank made in Canada with slightly thinner alum), it was a perfect copy.
Cost $450 plus tax.
Tank will be someone else’s problem if this thicker tank lasts 22 yrs!

Charlie Nelson
1995 C&C 36XL/kcb
Water Phantom

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail