In my opinion, aluminum is one of the worst materials for a fuel tank. I have
fabricated  stainless steel tanks many years ago, even though I told them that
I didn't advise it, that they should get a plastic tank. A couple years ago my
buddy had me (made me ) repair his aluminum tank against my suggestion, and
within the year, it was leaking in an entirely different place. At which point
he grudgingly replaced it with a plastic tank. I removed my own steel tank
several years ago, that was not leaking, and replaced it with a plastic tank.
My unsolicited advice, is that if you have an opportunity to remove an aluminum
tank, is to distance yourself as far as possible from it and don't look back.
The labor in removing and reinstalling is worth much more than the cost of a
new plastic tank.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39 Erie PA
On Thursday, November 15, 2018 robert via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>