Tom;

My old IPad has the Garmin app loaded, along with 8 other navigation apps
including a weather router, Drag Queen, Active Captain, Predict Wind, and a
Tides app. I have all of the Garmin charts for the east coast of Canada and
the US, the Bahamas, Bermuda, and the northwest part of the Caribbean from
Cuba to the BVI. I've also choked the memory with a bunch of E books, a Nook
app, a gaggle of photos, email etc. Which leaves about 6.3gig of free memory
at the moment.

All this crap runs off line without any need for a Wifi or cellular
connection. I download updates with the WiFi network in my home, or using my
cell phone as a WiFi hotspot when traveling. The only App that needs regular
update is the weather routing. The forecast gets less accurate as you go out
past 3 days, so I had a gap in weather forecast during the  middle of my
passages to and from Bermuda last year. But on the trips I've made up the
East Coast I've been close enough to shore often enough to get updates using
the WiFi hotspot on my Verizon cell phone.

I would almost guarantee that most other navigation apps offer offline
service equal to what I have,

Rick Brass

Washington, NC