I think the mail application is for a high output alternator, over 100
amps, one that probably should have double belts to handle the load.
Apparently the serpentine belts have more traction than Vee belts so don't
have to be tightened as much, so they aren't as hared on water pump and
alternator bearings.

We have a 100 amp alternator now and it is a bit hard on belts.

If you have a stock alternator, you really don't need one of these
serpentine belt kits.

Ken H.