If your fuel level is on the low side (say less than 1/2 tank), you may be
picking up some air in the fuel which will definitely kill a diesel.  In my
case (35 MK II) the fuel pickup was at the starboard end of the tank and
rolling to port introduced air and the engine would quit.  Took me years to
find that design flaw.  Good luck.

Gary