I just bought vacuum gauges through Amazon, they are liquid-filled (to reduce
shake from vibration) and are 0- 30 hg.  Watch when you're buying them though,
as many are vacuum and pressure gauges combined, and some are pressure only,
and they all show up with you are looking for vacuum gauges.  An issue with the
search function...At any rate, they were about $10 each, and I intend to put
one immediately on the output side of the Racor and one on the output side of
the primary (engine mounted) filter.  I second the use of biobar!  I also used
Starbrite's tank cleaner, and have to say that somehow, it worked.  I visually
inspected our tank a month or two ago after owning the boat for going on 3
years.  There was a little black gunk in the tank, but it is stuck to the
bottom and has to be scraped to come loose.  When I first got the boat and had
to move it 120 miles to get it home, it had been sitting at the dock for a long
time.  I got a small 12 volt pump and ran a hose from the output of the racor
and back to the tank and let it run for 24+ hours to polish the fuel.  While I
didn't clog the filter, I certainly had about 1/2" of black sooty looking stuff
in the racor bowl.  Now, I never see anything even after motoring through some
pretty rough stuff.  And yes, air could be the issue as well.Finally, I highly
recommend the visual inspection of the tank, even if it is only through the
hole for the sending unit.  Doing that gave me a LOT more comfort regarding the
condition of the tank and fuel.Hope this helps,Bruce Sent from Samsung tablet.
null