I also noticed that the keel on my 30 MKII wiggled alarming during lift out
this year. Our club lifts as a group with a crane with very long straps. It was
very windy so the straps were vibrating in the breeze (gale?) which transferred
to the hull and caused the keel to wiggle. In my case I believe the fibreglass
keel stub was flexing, not the joint at the keel bolts. After being alarmed by
this on my boat I paid closer attention to the subsequent boats coming out and
observed that some of those wiggled too but not to the same degree as mine. I
have inspected the structure around the bilge to the extent that it’s visible
and don’t see any issues. I’m very interested in hearing opinions from this
list about how much keel movement is normal.

Julian Norris
C&C 30-2
Halifax, N.S.

Sent from my iPhone