IMHO, if the wiggle goes away after repairing/tightening the bolts, you solved
the problem.  A soft grounding as you described may work on loosening the bolts
a little bit, but unlikely would have done any structural damage.

From: dwight veinot via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2022 6:39 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: dwight veinot <dwight...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: 25 MKII - Smiling?

I think you said it was not leaking water from the outside into the bilge. If
that's the case then the seal is still OK. I think if you do the repair you
will be good to go. If you sell and move on to something different the new
owner will have to fix it anyway and that will likely reduce considerably what
you get for the boat  and it may not interest a buyer as is. The fix doesn't
look too complicated from what i can see in the photos.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 6:16 PM Stephen Kidd via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com