On Jun 11, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Jens Alfke wrote:

(Xcode used to have a bug where if you did this it would "helpfully" resolve the symlink and actually add the specific version file; but that's been fixed for years.)

Has it? I have a project that links against libcurl.dylib and libz.dylib, and if I otool -L the binary after building it, I still get:

/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.3) /usr/lib/libcurl.3.dylib (compatibility version 4.0.0, current version 4.0.0)

when building against the 10.4u SDK (if I were building against the 10.5 SDK, I'm sure it would link against libcurl.4.dylib and not work with Tiger anymore).

To make my app launch on Panther, I've been using a custom SDK I made which is identical to the 10.4u SDK except with libcurl.2.dylib from Panther in it when compiling for PPC (compiling for Intel uses the regular 10.4u SDK, of course). Otherwise, it doesn't launch on Panther.

It's pretty frustrating, so if there's a way to be able to use the GUI to add libraries without having to work around it in this way, I'd love to know how to do it.

Charles