On 8/26/2019 8:28 PM, Turtle Creek Software via Cocoa-dev wrote:
@property (weak) GSOutlineWindowController *mainWindowController;
self.mainWindowController = [[GSOutlineWindowController alloc]

initWithWindowNibName : @"GSOutlineWindowController"];
     [self.mainWindowController showWindow : self];

Sadly, nothing changes after the syntax changes.  @property (strong) also
fails.

A better way to investigate such issue is using the memory debugging
tools in Instrument IMHO.
That would let you see all stack traces of retain/release calls.

We tried that last week.  The problem with ARC debugging is that
breakpoints in dealloc()
happen long after the release.  You know it died, but not when or how.
Sometimes we turn off ARC for one class with compiler directives, then
breakpoint on release.
Have you tried turning on NSZombie etc.? There are a bunch of neat debug
helpers in your Build Scheme's settings.

I think there's also a function objc_retain() or something like that,
which is a *function* in the ObjC runtime that serves as the central
bottleneck. You may have more luck breaking on that.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."

  • Re: ARC Ben Kennedy via Cocoa-dev
  • Re: ARC Alex Zavatone via Cocoa-dev
    • Re: ARC Turtle Creek Software via Cocoa-dev
  • Re: ARC Jens Alfke via Cocoa-dev
    • Re: ARC Turtle Creek Software via Cocoa-dev
      • Re: ARC Gary L. Wade via Cocoa-dev
      • Re: ARC Jens Alfke via Cocoa-dev
        • Re: ARC Turtle Creek Software via Cocoa-dev
          • Re: ARC Jean-Daniel via Cocoa-dev
            • Re: ARC Turtle Creek Software via Cocoa-dev
              • Re: ARC Uli Kusterer via Cocoa-dev
              • Re: ARC Saagar Jha via Cocoa-dev
            • Re: ARC Owen Hartnett via Cocoa-dev
      • Re: ARC Uli Kusterer via Cocoa-dev